Advice and support for Parents and guardians
Here at Archway we understand that parents and guardians want to help as much as possible with the learner’s education. We have put together a list of useful sites and tips to support the learners.
- Help available for parents and careers
- Revision sites and advice for parents
- Internet safety
Help available for parents and careers
- The school has a wide range of people available to help parents and carers with any issues they may have.
- Form Tutors who are the first point of contact for all routine issues and concerns.
- Deputy of post 16 and specialist provision
- Heads of department for post 16 and specialist provision
- Head teachers for issues who are not resolved satisfactorily after all other channels have been explored.
Revision sites and advice for parents and guardians
We are aware that many of our parents wish to help their child with their studies as much as they possibly can. With this in mind we have compiled a list of some useful revision and education web sites and advice.
- S-cool Revision Website
- BBC Bitesize
- Revision notes and course notes
- GCSE Pod (for GCSE revision podcasts to download)
Practise Papers from Exam Boards
Guides and websites by subject
Art and Design
Painting and decorating
Hair and Barbering
- National Careers Service – Special Education Teacher Professional Development
- Gov.UK – Rights
At Archway Academy we give advice for both staff and students on internet safety and we believe that parents need the same understanding. The information below gives a good outline of how to be safe when using the internet. By clicking on the links below you can find detailed information that puts you in the now about how to use the internet safely.