According to DfE guidance for 2016/2017:
£935 Pupil Premium will be awarded to pupils in Years 7 to 11 who
- Have been registered as eligible for free school meals (FSM) at any point in the last 6 years.
£1900 Pupil Premium will be awarded to any pupil who:
- has been in local-authority care for 1 day or more
- has been recorded as both eligible for FSM in the last 6 years and as being looked after (or as having left local-authority care)
- has been identified in the January 2016 school census or the alternative provision census as having left local-authority care as a result of one of the following:
- a special guardianship order
- a child arrangements order (previously known as a residence order)
Because Archway Academy is not a publicly funded school we will only receive Pupil Premium with agreement from the local authority.
The school has a point person in each of the referring local authorities who we contact when a referral is made to establish:
- whether the pupil is eligible
- whether the local authority will be passing on the Pupil Premium funding to the school
- how much and at what frequency payments will be made
How do we decide how it is used?
- Because most pupils are taught on a one to one basis, pupil premium is usually spent on individual pupils as allocated
- Management analyse individual pupil performance. They look at areas for improvement and formulate what resources pupils need to improve their learning experience. They also refer to the EHC plan if the pupil has one.
- Decisions about how Pupil Premium will be used are finalised at each pupil’s PEP (Personal Educational Plan) review meeting.
How do we monitor how Pupil Premium is used?
- The Head of the Independent School keeps a folder for all pupils in receipt of Pupil Premium funding
- This folder has records of the Pupil Premium funding they receive and what it was used for
- It also contains records of pupil’s achievement certificates; end of term reports; attendance summaries; PEP reviews; LAC reviews
- The Head of the Independent School summarises what Pupil Premium Funding was used for at the end of each academic year
How are we accountable for Pupil Premium?
- We complete an annual strategy document which outlines how much funding was received in the year; what it was used for; what impact it had on pupil’s achievement.
- The document also includes an analysis of achievement at the time it is compiled and an outline of how the school plans to use the incoming Pupil Premium.
- This strategy document is published on the school’s website.
- The Head of the Independent School also gives a summary of what each pupil’s Pupil Premium was spent on during PEPs